What is a Passport?
As of November
1, 2013, the Blaine Passport Center is the only Anoka County facility
accepting passport applications. See "Where can I apply?"
To learn more about the new facility,
read the press release.
A passport is a document, issued by the federal government, which
certifies the identity and nationality of the passport holder. A
passport has two forms:
- Passport Book - can be used for air, land and sea
- Passport Card - can be used to travel to and return
from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda at land border crossing
or sea ports-of-entry. It cannot be used for any air travel.
To get a passport, you (including minors) must apply in person at
an authorized Passport Acceptance Facility.
How do I apply for a new passport book or card?
- Complete the
application for a U.S. passport Social Security number is required
for this form
- Submit proof of U.S. citizenship (one of the following)
- Certified birth certificate (within the U.S.: issued by your City,
County or State of birth)
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
- Naturalization Certificate
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Present current primary identification:
- Valid Minnesota Driver's License
- Clipped Minnesota Driver's License with yellow receipt
- Current Minnesota ID card
- Naturalization Certificate
- Current Government ID (city, state or federal)
- Current Military ID (military and dependents) Out-of-state
Driver or ID requires
- Provide a passport photo that meet
quality requirements. Photo services are available at service
centers for an additional fee of $18
- Bring completed DS-11 application and required payment to apply
- If application is for a child see
How do I get a passport for my child (under 16)?
Where can I submit my passport
application in person?
time! Make an appointment to submit your application!
Due to limited office space and staffing
levels, customers are strongly encouraged to make an appointment
to submit a passport application.
Read more about using the online appointment scheduler to
schedule your visit to the Blaine Passport Center. Walk-in applications may be
accepted based on appointment availability.
You can submit your passport application at the Blaine
Passport Center (see
Adjacent to the Blaine License Center
10995 Club West Pkwy,
Blaine MN 55449
Passport application acceptance hours:
- Mon, Wed, Fri – 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (Noon) and 1:00 p.m.
– 5:00 p.m. Closed Noon – 1:00 p.m.
- Tue and Thu – 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Sat and Sun – closed
Learn more about scheduling your appointment at the Blaine
Please note - the Blaine Passport Center is a separate facility from the Blaine
License Center. See
for a list of services and hours of operation at the Blaine License
How do I renew my passport?
The U.S. Department of State Passport Services requires you to renew
your passport by mail if it meets eligibility requirements. If
your passport is eligible for renewal by mail, you cannot renew it at
the Blaine Passport Center. For more information, see
How do I pay for my passport application?
- Determine the appropriate federal fees on the
website (a separate check or money order payable to
“U.S. Department of State” is required for the federal portion of the
- Acceptance Facility Execution Fee, photo fees and other related fees
must be made by separate check payable to “Anoka County” or cash.